The AT90CAN128 boards are the interface between the sensors and actuators (i.e. the environment) and the ConceptCar's CAN bus. Their main purpose is to do low level tasks, like PWM de- and encoding.
They all have the same dimensions to be interchangeable in place.
All boards featuring an AT90CAN128 microcontroller are supposed to fit into any of the 8 spaces at the CAN bus box. Therefore they share the same dimensions, drill holes for mounting and SUB-D jack position.
This dimensions are precisely the same used for the SensorBoards in the old Hardware Revision 1.0, all Revisions >= 1.2 must comply with these dimensions.
Since the boards can be stacked, it is a good idea to place all connectors, switches and LEDs near the borders.
The following picture illustrates the board layout: TODO
First apply this in the schematic:
- Add the 4 drill holes as parts MOUNT-HOLE3.0
- The SUB-D CAN connector must be of type F09H
To get a proper board, follow these steps in eagle (when starting from scratch):
- Set the grid to 1mm
- Move the edges of the dimension polygon so that it's a square of 73mm x 73mm, with its origin being in the bottom left edge.
- Move the drill holes to the positions 4mm apart from each edge
- Rotate the SUB-D CAN connector to face upwards and move it to position 37.506mm/60.88mm. MOVE CAN_BUS (37.506mm 60.88mm) would do this.
This section refers to the most current board revision, 1.2.